Author Topic: New Graphics Glitch  (Read 4591 times)

Merneo

• View Profile
New Graphics Glitch
« on: March 21, 2015, 11:14:05 PM »
In free roaming 

got the following screens 

checked the log and can't see this a fixed yet?

Additional 

As this is a sim  you need to give people more intro / instructions 

I understand the wiki is in the next update 

but people will very quickly get fed up of not understanding how to do stuff 

I enjoy space etc but an no expert at any level - Why I would not review a sim I don't have the skills to judge 

However, if you look at 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3r1zVk1-O4

if you look at 114 mins the the Lm assent stage is very controllable  - now that could just be 200 hrs in a sim to get that from a test pilot 

but are there switches that need to be set to allow appropriate reverse action reaction control on try to move the module ?

if i want the module to move through 90 degrees - in manual i have to cancel that action - with the controls as is its not that possible to cancel an action  you inadvertantly

add additional motion  in to the correction  

maybe adding a non historical control dampener  that limits the actual thrust given to the control system even though it does not in a large way affect the joystick control 

am trying to he helpful from a basic user stance  yet I think you would benefit from some serious apollo geeks that can tell you from a knowledge standpoint 

and I guess from the legacy principal if you get apollo control systems sorted all the rest will just fall into place 

just an opinion from a basic user 

hope it helps 

Paul

jcarrion

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New Graphics Glitch
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 01:15:24 PM »
hi Mermeo .
thanks for your suggestions .
 all the issues have been corrected. Will be on the next version ( in a few days )/

Thanks again ! 
J

Merneo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 07:57:39 PM »
Hi, 

Not sure if glitch or not ?

Paul

duffers27

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 11:38:39 AM »
I agree.  I have read the documentation but don't understand how rendezvous the LM with the CSM and dock. Also where can I find good references for things like leaving orbit for trans lunar, trans Earth. I'm only basic user and would have thought there is a specific long lat you need to be on to make burn out of orbit and head Moon,Earth bound.

jcarrion

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 12:55:32 AM »
well , in all fairness , the TLI was done automatically  .just run the Apollo Guidance Computer, and It will fire up the burn for you -as it idid on the real vessel -

next version has a visual orbit planner tool that will enable to compute visually hohmmans , etc, to any cellestial bodies.