Author Topic: manual burn problems  (Read 2218 times)

dom

• Android Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    • View Profile
manual burn problems
« on: July 07, 2016, 06:38:44 AM »
Hello to all,

first of all this game is very promising, but sadly at the moment there are many problems. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with cyanogenmod.
I played around with the orbital planner and the manual burn and in some cases it works but in  most not.
For example if I choose the Apollo Mission in Parking Orbit and try to correct the inclination, the manual burn times are not correct and it is not possible to get it to zero. Also the provided normal is not correct (or the starting time)
If I switch over to automatic burn, then there are problems while setting the orbit to the moon. After setting the orbit, the spacecraft stucks over the earth and didn't move. After saving at this point and reloading, the spacecraft is moving but the spacecraft-components sticking into each other.

Please take a look on these problems.

jcarrion

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: manual burn problems
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 08:08:51 PM »
hi. 
Well , the "manual" burn is limited and inaccurate by the fact that the spacecrafts require some time to achieve the desired delta-V. 

whereas the automatic burn , simply applies all the required forces/delta-V instantaneously .

I ll have a look to improving the accuracy of the manual burn mode . A bit difficult as It deppends on how fast the spacecraft accelerates (and that deppends also on how much propellant has left )

Thanks. . I ll see what I can do.

dom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 01:46:47 PM »
After the update the problem with the normal direction remains. It shows e.g Norm + while it needs Norm - for correction. The result of the manual burn also is not equal to the automated one (huge differences). Have I made a mistake? For example while correcting the inclination with saturn v in parking orbit. I set the correction in orbit ans when the burn has to start (becomes green), I already reached the point where the old orbit intersects the new corrected one. Maybe the burn has to begin before I reach this point?
Thank you in advance.

dom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 02:49:01 PM »
Looks much better in new version, thank you.

dom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 01:31:06 PM »
Now I found another problem. The radial-burn is sometimes very useful, but there is no screen where it shows the delta to achieve and even if there would be one, there are no buttons for HLEVEL- or HOVER-. Can you please add these elements.
Thank you in advance!
PS.: Despite of these problems, the game gets better and better.