Author Topic: walking on the moon, more freedom in the command module  (Read 1968 times)

MichaelEggert

• View Profile
walking on the moon, more freedom in the command module
« on: August 01, 2016, 01:20:54 PM »
hi, thanks for this great simulator..... now to get it even better my suggestions:

- it would be great to have your astronauts get out of the lunar lander and acutally walk around on the lunar surface or even use the lunar rover (something like this seems to be planned for 1.07 as the screenshots of the spacesuit with manuvering units show).

- can you make the movement / view control in the command modules more free? its great to have this 1st person view, but since you are "fixed in position" you cant really have a good look out of the windows, and many dials/instruments on the panels look very distorted because you look at them on a very narrow angle.... wouldnt it be cool if you can acutally move around in the command module and "float" to the window or to the other seats and have a good look at all the instruments?

- lastly, if you were able to "float around" in the command module then you can move directly to the hatch window and have a look outside. At the moment it seems you have made the whole hatch "see through" so that people can have a look outside, but this window was much smaller in older versions, which was more correct i guess....

thanks in advance

Michael
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 01:23:58 PM by MichaelEggert »

jcarrion

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: walking on the moon, more freedom in the command module
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 10:29:23 AM »
yep , in 1.0.7 we have implemented "deployable" elements  ( i.e.   MMU for the shuttle , Moon Rover for the LEM Lander , etc ).