General Category > General Discussion

Video Tutorial about interplanetary flight, Moon to Saturn

(1/2) > >>

thierryspeth:
https://youtu.be/oyF1tLZS0tI  video will be online at 14h ut  the 11 september 2015.

Glowworm51:
Hi Thierry,

Many thanks for your video guide which I have been trying to following. Are you using the desktop or IOS version. I find that when clicking on Saturn to make fine adjustments, and then using Delta-V, the software crashes and I get a message saying Hull and Crew destroyed. Do you have any suggestions as to how to overcome this?

Graeme

Glowworm51:
The actual message is Total Loss of Hull and Crew

thierryspeth:
yes it'happens when i put a fine adjustement which put me inside the planet target, not sure of this, then it crash, i often save my orbit planner session before clicking on apply. i could not get to go to pluto till today.

Glowworm51:
When I follow your tutorial, I get as far as accelerating towards Saturn. When I am reasonably close I switch to orbital planner but with it set to Saturn I find that the eccentricity is in the hundreds of thousands (over 600,000). If I try to reduce this to less than 1 it says that I don't have enough rule. If I try to continue to accelerate towards Saturn, it starts to get away from the spacecraft. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version