Author Topic: Apollo 11 miss the moon , they pass away ,didnt the correction  (Read 2813 times)

thierryspeth

• BetaTeam
    • View Profile
Apollo 11 miss the moon , they pass away ,didnt the correction
« on: December 27, 2014, 04:51:31 PM »
Collins has forgot to do a correction ´ apollo 11 provide a fantastic view of a lunar éclipse (seem accu rate) but when the moment has come to be in lunar orbit, apollo 11 pass away the moon.

I am the only Space geek who wants to use the simulator 3 days in réal Time. 8) I used the Time warp x1448 to pass the there days. Is there a possibility to pût a supplémentary mission for the ultimate correction. Here are the views of the fantastic there days travel.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 04:53:10 PM by thierryspeth »

jcarrion

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Apollo 11 miss the moon , they pass away ,didnt the correction
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 01:42:59 PM »
Thanks ! .  good point . 

well, internally the time warp is done by extending the timedelta and  computing a simplified set of equations ( i.e. , in time warp , the n-body solver solves only for a max of 3 ) . Obviously this is not right ,  and in a orbit so elongated and slow , the other planets have some minor effect . That minor gravitational effect is computed during normal running of the game . I wasnt expecting it to cause that much diference .

ok .  so I ll figure out a way to do optimize the global n-body solver so it can be used when timewarping .

Bug has been moved / added to here >>>>>   0000005 <<<<<