Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 3303 times)

s0m0teitbe

• View Profile
« on: August 09, 2015, 10:29:56 PM »
Greetings all, 

First of all I want to say what an amazing app Space Simulator is and can't wait to spend more time playing it. 

I have several questions/comments I'd like to ask and bring up. First up, I have been trying different aspects of the Apollo mission and I'm not sure if it's not working properly or if it is normal gameplay. For example, in attempting the Apollo 11 Episode 4 Transposition and Docking, I am assuming this is where the Command Module docks and extracts the Lunar a Module. Shortly after beginning the message there is a pop up at the top that says "Seperation" and the radio says "We show Seperation on the ground" however it all stays in one piece. 

Should the command+service module be separating and flipping around to dock and extract the LEM? And if so, is this something that is done without user control or does the user have full control to direct the docking? 

Another question, I tried using the time speed up and it ended like x4300 and the date said 30 July which is clearly way after the mission was over and nothing changed. It just showed the last stage+command & service module floating what looked like outside earth orbit. 

Is there any tips/tutorials one can give as far as using the time speed up to do the main portions of the mission? e.g. Launch, extracting LEM, lunar landing and ascent, and re-entry? 

I am sure this is much more to learn about this game and hoping to gain some guidance from a more experienced player. I even tried searching YouTube but could only find trailer type videos. 

Device - iPad Mini iOS 8.4

s0m0teitbe

• View Profile
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 01:20:33 PM »
Well...after almost 2 weeks and 213 views I still didn't get any kind of a reply. Even worse, I see some folks on here with over 600 views and no response so at least I know it's not just me.

The game has a ton of potential and for what it is currently it's "ok" but the lack of support is something I can't look over. I waited to post a review on the App Store so I could give the game a fair chance but there are hardly no tutorials and the few that are available revolve around some futuristic craft. The whole reason I purchased the game was I thought it was similar to "Orbiter" which is only available on PC. I looked most forward to the Apollo missions, controlling the docking and extraction of the LEM but I don't see that it's possible and no one offered any assistance. 

Sadly I have deleted the app and in the process of requesting a refund from iTunes because while the promo videos make it look spectacular it falls a little short in my opinion. And the lack of support sealed its fate with me!

jcarrion

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 06:17:23 PM »
ok , sorry to hear that.  As you can understand we can't put here a user manual of the entire Saturn, CSM , as there are tons around .  The same reason a flight simulator doesnt comes  with   an enciclopedia about how to fly a jumbo.

ok. in this particular case : separation, transpo , rotation and docking .

To separate and initiate extraction, you should had flip the "SII/SV STAGE" switch , once purged the main engine (watch internal pressures, program 52, nouns 10 23  for the He2 tanks ) and  set ENG-OUT    to "ON"

then to initiate the automated transpo& docking , select program 33 , i.e.  (VERB 37 NOUN 33  ENTR ) and then select manually the rate limiters. you can obviously do it manually using the manual controls  ( remember RCS/LIN/ROT toggle, red=translation , blue = rotation ) .  

remember to separate the joined CSM-LM stack by  SIV-LM SEP ( as this is a critical switch , you must activate BOTH  ) .

(alternatively , you could just simply had press "STAGE" button *on the 2D buttons panel *  will stage the CSM from the SIV.   :)

anyway .  I agree ,  you should definitely get  a refund .  Let me know if you can't so I ll send you that fiver.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 06:22:22 PM by jcarrion »

machala

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 08:32:01 PM »
It is of course a matter of opinion, but I will probably never understand this. It is obvious that the developer invested countless hours into this and created a wonderful app. And even given its current (from what I can hear) not really finished state, it is clear that it will be improved over time. And the price - I was shocked when I first saw it. For a fiver that's not a price, that's a gift.

Unfortunately I don't have an iPad (although I seriously considered getting one just to be able to play this!), I have several android devices and would be extremely happy when this app will finally make it to the android world. However my fear is it may still never happen (although it's been promised several times here) or my devices will not be supported. So perhaps I'll have to wait for the steam version (if it comes).