Author Topic: Game Center ideas ?  (Read 4175 times)

jcarrion

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Game Center ideas ?
« on: September 26, 2015, 10:56:32 AM »
hi  
Working on 1.0.4  that will feature (amongth other stuff ) Game Center integration .this way we can create challenges ,etc.. and compare our abilities with other users of SS.

ok . I was thinking on  a few challenges .. namely :

1->Manual moon landing ( with Apollo LM ,  from Lunar Orbit )  .  Scoring based on remaining (unused ) fuel 
2->X-15 Max altitude ( scoring based on maximum height achieved ) , starting flying the B-52, and then staging to the X-15.
3->TakeOff to LEO ,  scoring based on fuel used/(remaining ? ) after achieving a stable earth orbit above 200km.

Well , any other ideas for challenges ?

Thanks in advance .
JC.

Ivan.S

• View Profile
Re: Game Center ideas ?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 11:19:05 AM »
Pinpoint Lunar Landing would be a nice challenge.  Or the manual landing with the Apollo LM score being based on distance from target rather than fuel remaining.  Fuel remaining for an Apollo Lunar Landing isn't important (as long as you make it to the surface in one piece...), being close to the target is !

Waiting anxiously for the Android version

Glowworm51

• BetaTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 11:17:02 AM »
Before putting any effort into setting up game centre challenges, I would prefer it if the various bugs and general instability were sorted out. The orbital planner in particular is a problem.

jcarrion

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 09:10:41 AM »
hi GlowWorm51.

we are also of course fixing some issues on the orbit planner ,etc..

anyway .. could you describe that bug  on the orbit planner that crashes ( or detroys the spacecraft ? )  .. Perhaps Im doing something wrong or something , but I can't get it to happen . 

coould you describe the issue ( step by step , as in  starting in mission "free flight" , setting delta_v to XXXXX , changing ref to XXXX and then crashes " ?

we are also changing the sliders, so there is more fine-control of the angle/delta T ,etc..

Thanks !

Glowworm51

• BetaTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 01:37:25 PM »
Hi jcarrion - my main problem at present seems to be with Earth to Mars transfer. I am using an iPad and select  free flight with Orion in Earth orbit. I make sure that planes are aligned (inc ref 0). I use Delta V to adjust the orbit eccentricity to just less than 1 (about .975). I apply and then use time acceleration to travel to about 5 Earth diameters. I then switch the orbital planner to Sun view, and increase Delta V. Delta T does not appear until the apogee past the Mars orbit (close to Ceres). It is then very difficult to reduce Delta V and use Delta T to get anywhere near Mars orbit. When I have it seems to be impossible to use Delta V to reduce the apogee to a point where Mars is visible.

I will send you details of other orbital planner problems I am having.

thierryspeth

• BetaTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 09:23:46 PM »
a good challenge could be to plan a system solar travel with wypoints on different planets, planify a earth pluto mission via ceres saturn mars. pinpoint precision landing on the face of mars pyramids of elysium,make us dream on some exotic artifacts.
a competition for landing  through the eye of a storm on jupiter. landing on a base on a swirling asteroid of the asteroid belt.

thierryspeth

• BetaTeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 10:43:41 PM »
why not'having two pilots in the lem when landing, one pilot takes care of altitude and the other takes care of speed like on apollo 11.

a mission to rescue a spaceship by docking and tracting it out of a dangerous orbit around the sun.